Senior Java/Flex Developer
This is an opportunity to join a world-class team who has a laser-like focus on designing and delivering software that makes end users say “WOW.” You will be connecting with a stable (11 year old), 60-person “re-startup” that is making some serious waves in the cloud-based business-intelligence and analytics space. This organization is very well backed financially, but they also enjoy a steady stream of revenue from a very strong existing customer base.
We are looking for a passionate developer with stellar Java AND Flex skills to join the product team and help create the next generation of SaaS Business Analytics. As part of a top-tier engineering team you will be joining an innovative group of seasoned professionals driving a sea change in delivery of analytics software. You’ll be responsible for the design, development and delivery of a complex, challenging, and cutting-edge business analytics product delivered as a service. The environment is highly, highly collaborative and fast-paced and each team member has the opportunity to have major impact on the direction of the product.
• Work cross-functionally with team members from development, UX design, and product management
• Contribute to innovation of both products and processes.
• Design and develop cutting edge features as part of the overall product development team.
• Continuously improve architecture and platform using cutting edge methodologies and technology.
• Minimum of 7+ years experience in implementing innovative software applications in Java, with at least 5 years of web delivery.
• 2 years Flex Builder/Actionscript 3 experience.
• Experience integrating Java with Flex.
• Experience with PureMVC, Cairngorm, Mate or similar micro-architecture framework.
• Experience with Java Web Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate).
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with developing N-tiered applications in production internet architectures
• Strong experiencing developing complex technical solutions in a service oriented web environment
• Must be a thorough believer in (and have experience in) an agile/Scrum development methodology.
• Prior Linux/Unix development experience required.
• Excellent team player, deep passion for software, multi-tasker, communication skills, etc.
• Experience in either Business Analytics application development or SaaS product.
• Experience with Cloud development patterns and tools.
• Experience with Spring, Maven, Eclipse, Subversion
• Knowledge of Perl and C desired.
• Experience designing and implementing Web Services.
Local candidates only
No third parties or visa transfers
Resumes/inquiries to Josh Clayton - firstname.lastname@example.org