Hi and good morning,
Forex Capital Markets, a market leading currency trading firm, is looking for a motivated individual to fill a Jr to Mid-Level Unix Administrator position.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced, high energy and dynamic environment. The primary purpose of this position is system administration support duties for Unix systems (Linux/Solaris) within our enterprise.
• Performing system administration support duties for Unix servers in a 24x7 production environment.
• Primary support of various Unix varieties, including Solaris10, and RHEL 5. Server hardware and system software support to accommodate both production standards and project needs.
• Strong shell script development as required to automate setup/maintenance processes
• Required: 3+ years of Unix admin (on any of Solaris/Linux/BSD) on server-class hardware
• experience with various Logical Volume Management software (LVM, Veritas)
• shell scripting (sh,Perl,Python)
• Familiarity with Sun and Dell server hardware
Other Knowledge & Skills:
• responsibility to be on-call for 24x7 production environment
• ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
• motivation to continue learning new products/software
FXCM, an INC 500 company, leads the rapidly expanding field of online currency trading services for retail and institutional traders. The firm operates out of offices in New York, Dallas, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. With substantial operations around the world, FXCM Group currently services over 90,000 live accounts via the FXCM Trading Platform and has serviced well over 100,000 accounts from nearly 200 different countries. FXCM has a proven track record of reliability and success, executing on average 2,900,000 trades per month accounting for over $200 billion in notional trading volume. Additional information can be found at www.fxcm.com.