The Art Students League of New York, founded in 1875, has been instrumental in shaping America's legacy in the fine arts. Many renowned artists have honed their skills at the League, which is dedicated to sustaining the great tradition of training artists and maintaining affordable art instruction for all interested individuals. Today, more than 2,500 students of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels, study at the League.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Serve as Art Students League representative with both the International Student and Exchange Visitor Program and United States Veterans Affairs Department; and counsel prospective and current international students and veterans to ensure their successful enrollment and attendance at the Art Students League in compliance with government regulations.
• Screen and interview prospective international students and United States veterans
• Counsel students and provide assistance with navigating visa process, immigration benefits systems, and education eligibility under the Veterans Affairs
• Maintain recordkeeping and tracking for compliance with regulatory issues related to international students and United States veterans
• Ensure compliance with international and veteran program regulations and school policies
• Provide guidance and resources to students regarding their arts education and acclimating to the environment both within and external to the League
• Prepare transcripts and progress reports
• Coordinate with webmaster to update international students and veterans information
• Respond to inquiries regarding international students and veterans
• Perform any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
• Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to communicate across cultural and language differences
• Knowledge of, or willingness and ability to learn and stay current with, international student regulations and United States veterans education eligibility
• Ability to work as part of a small team and independently
• Background in fine arts preferred
• SEVIS certification preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Calm under pressure
The Art Students League provides its employees with a welcoming, relaxed, and supportive work environment; competitive salary and benefits; and tuition assistance for League classes. The League is located in a landmark building centrally located near several subway lines, museums, and other cultural attractions. There is a café on site as well as an art gallery, an art supply store, and library. Please send a cover letter indicating salary requirement along with resume to: ASLRecruiter215@gmail.com