English to Portuguese Translator with more than 20 Years of Experience

Find Your Jobs with Visa and Immigration Firms

Thursday, August 15, 2013

English to Portuguese Translator with more than 20 Years of Experience


My name is Carlos Lavis , I live in Portugal, I'm a native Portuguese speaker with more than 20 years of experience in translating from English into Portuguese and back. I consider myself to be a highly responsible person, strongly committed and always striving to do my best in every situation. I'm used to facing challenges, therefore working under pressure is not a problem for me. I also regard myself as extrovert and outgoing. Professional Enrichment Activities: * 17/05/02: Attendance at the IX Journeys of Translation, organized by ISAI, in Oporto, whose main theme was "Translation in the 21st Century: Tendencies and Perspectives ". * 25-26/01/02: Attendance at the International Conference on Terminology, organized by the Portuguese Association of Translation Companies (APET), the Linguistic Centre of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa (CLUNL) and the Portuguese Association of Terminology (TERMIP). The prices are always negotiable depending on the difficulty of the text and the time schedule. If the terms are acceptable, we shall draw up an agreement accordingly. I am therefore specialized in these fields and do translations across several others. I am professional in my work, have a very good eye for detail, work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Work experience as a translator (examples): Medical devices Manuals and brochures, especially in the domains of cardiology, end prosthesis, endoscope, and female sterilization Medical, Pharmaceutical Medical documents, especially questionnaires, product profiles, patient information about Multiple Myeloma, Diabetes, Bipolar Disorder, Female Sexual Disorder etc.; study results; lab instructions; notices Agriculture, Forestry Scientific articles and correspondence about Beef labeling; descriptions of several products like pineapples, figs etc.; description of soil organisms; scientific papers about forestry Animal/Human Nutrition Scientific papers on animal and human nutrition (especially feed/food additives); websites, notices, etc. Technical area Manuals, instructions for use: alarm systems, GPS, and many other topics Email. Carlos.Lavis@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOBS IN AFGHANISTAN SEO sponsored by Archiving Software